Calling all English students!

This is where you will find help and resources for all your English (and drama) needs!

I will title all of the blog posts with your class name, so you know which posts to look at. There will be general help available for you as well, so explore any post.

This will help you strive towards and beyond your target grades - but remember - it's all down to you in the end!

Happy blogging! Mrs J x

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Period 2 Yr11 English...

Missing you yr 11 but will be no good to you today! Will rest and be back Thursday; promise! Hoping you are now in a computer room and so can email and post anything you might need help with, if not you will need to do your best for me- I know you won't let me down! This won't hurt anyway: it will give you a chance to see that you need me less and less now- you have the skills to study and analyze any literature! Books are in my room and I've posted a link to the book online- copy and paste quotes! (oh yeah!) I need you to put together a literary case study on the novel: images, quotes, themes, hist/soc/cult etc. And post it on the blog for me to mark your understanding and analysis- use exam questions to guide you in your study- they will be on your joint page for you in a sec! This will be ongoing, so don't think it's pointless cover work- you do NEED to do it! If you want to do short stories instead, you can, just apply this guidance. Success= electronic presentation of study, include Todorov, exam questions, quotes, etc. Show how much you know, questions about things you don't and what this novel teaches you about social order! If you can't get computer room, do it by hand for now- no moaning please! Use prezi - sign up for free, or use ppt and upload to slideshare- send me link and I will embed on the blog. See your joint pages for help and an example. Oh my goodness- can talk forever even on this! Mrs J x

No comments:

Post a Comment